A Word from Captain Glasses

The Corona Virus outbreak have left us shaken. Everyone is scared, deprived of hope, and uncertain of what awaits in the upcoming months. Isolation and social distancing go hand in hand with no positive outlook in sight.

What many consider to be a shining light of hope in the future is left bleak. The cancellation of Anime Central was sudden and unexpected to the surprise of many fanatics, friends, and myself included. After many hours of thought to myself, I put myself in a dark place. I became what many people were facing together: alone, depressed, and powerless. Complaining is the most easiest thing to do. I don't want to repeat what's been said around the news and social media as everyone doesn't want to hear it, and I don't blame them. The say it in short, the early quarter of 2020 is showing the worst of humanity in the face of this crisis.

I am no exception. What kept me composed before is now gone and frankly, I can't do anything about it. I now understood what others are experiencing and I have to shape up to this new reality. I was told I was being selfish and didn't have a right to speak out during this time. I now realized that no one wanted to hear more bad news and I was contributing to the madness like adding gas to a fire. At a time where billions of people are affected, an individual does not have the right to stand out from the rest. It is no contest and there is certainly no prize. After all, we are now on the same boat.

Many people attempt to find some form of positivity in this mess. Some reach out to others and some keep themselves occupied. I find it difficult to better myself when my world is crashing down on me, but I can't beat myself up with self pity. No one asked for this to happen, but here we are. We can't control the situation, but we can control how we react to it. Some reach out to the comfort of friends and family and some find it better to work alone for the safety of others. Instead of making matters worse, try to find something positive to look forward to. Create long term goals that you can't wait to accomplish. As long as you stick by it, you don't have to concern yourself with what's going on outside. Only focus on you alone. If given the opportunity, show respect for others who risk their lives in compromised areas, show sympathy for those who are more unfortunate than others, and show positivity to yourself knowing that things will be alright. There will be other opportunities during and after this time. So own the year as if it were the last, and wait until this outbreak blows over.

Thanks for listening in and I hope to see you again in another post.

Sincerely,

Captain Glasses


Comments

Popular Posts