The Return to California 2020: Day 3


Last week, I spoke about the Natural History Museum and the cafe in Little Tokyo. Now, here we is the third and final entry in the Return to California series!

The third day was short, for it was time for me to depart back to Chicago. I was able to eat a bowl of Recces Puffs before packing my luggage for the journey back home. The California skies were bright and warm that day as I pass by various buildings and businesses along the expressway. I could see the the city's skyline from the distance. Through the exploration of Little Tokyo and Anime Jungle, the pursuit of French- Dipped sandwiches, Dinosaurs at the museum, and late night laughs and movies with deep dish pizza on the side, leaving LA made me crestfallen.

It may not look much, but LA's got it where it counts.

This is what I was up to while my friends were at the boardwalk.

In honesty, I didn't want to leave. I could have easily modified my stay for an additional day, let alone spend an entire week here. Unfortunately, I only took a weekend off and had to get back to work immediately. Most importantly, I didn't anticipate how short three days are when you're having fun with your friends. These were friends that I've had the pleasure of personally knowing, communicating, and journeying with for the last five years. I knew it would be a long time before I see them again because we live far away and only time we meet up is Anime Central. But in retrospect, I am thankful for my friends for reaching out to me and providing the idea, lodging, and events of the entire trip. I'm usually seeing people come back to Chicago rather than me go all the way out there. It was a nice change of pace. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have a clue where to go. Chances are, I would have forgotten about it until the expiration date.

Anime glasses or bunny ears? Your choice.
  
Behind the scenes of Dino Kaiju 4? Who knows?

I'll miss having these two as my LA guides! Photo credit to Marcus.

Four people. One city. Three days of adventure, exploration, and comedy!

Thinking back on it now, with COVID, lock-ins, restricted access outside the US, it made me reminisce one of the good things to happen in the beginning of 2020. Out of all of the California Trips, this one was more memorable and a personal favorite adventure all together. I love Universal Studios and the Disney Parks, no doubt about it, but getting the chance to explore areas in LA with friends is unforgettable. Once the US is safe to roam without concern, you bet I'll be coming back to LA to explore uncharted areas from my previous adventures. Also, I'd be staying a bit longer for good measure. I don't want to miss out on the boardwalk beach the others traversed during my plane ride.

But for now, thank you for following the Return to California series and tune in next time for the next post!

Insert final frame of protagonists departing into the distance.






Comments

Popular Posts